Indigenous Walks tours are a refreshing way to learn about Ottawa from an Indigenous perspective.
Consider Indigenous Walks for:
- Work retreats,
- Honour a special occasion
- Achieve curriculum links
- Provide an extra-curricular option for leisure activities at a conference or meeting
- Something interesting to do with a group of friends or family
- Tour groups
- Our of town visitors
When emailing Indigenous Walks to request a booking, make sure to include:
- Available dates and times as options.
- A name and contact for the group booking.
- The name of the organization or institution (website if available)
- Please let us know if you require French, English or Spanish tours.
- Let us know if you’d also like to book a spot talker for an additional fee of $50. A spot talker is someone from the local Ottawa Indigenous community or visiting from somewhere else. We can help you choose a spot talker through the knowledge of our staff matched with your needs.
- Please let us know ahead of time if you have special needs that our guides or booking agent should know about.
Just so you know:
- Tours are available during the day or in the evening any day of the week (at least 72 hours advanced notice).
- Larger sized groups may be accommodated with staggered departure times or more than one guide at a time.
- Once the tour is booked, you should expect a tour confirmation within a week of making the booking.
- We tend to run our tours rain or shine so bring reliable weather gear but don’t worry, if it’s a bit too chilly for our winter tours or pouring rain for our rainy tours, we’ll spend a little more time at our indoor locations which there are plenty of!
- There are washrooms along the tours and usually a water bottle refill station or fountain.
For group tours, please contact email@example.com